Tips for a Healthy, Jolly Holiday
December 10, 2019
This holiday, there’s no need to avoid family gatherings and holiday parties to stay on your healthy-eating plan. The ARC Healthiness coaches offer these tips to stay on track and enjoy the season.
- Mind your meal times. Eat close to your normal meal times to keep your blood sugar steady. If dinner will be served later than normal, eat a small snack at your usual mealtime and eat a little less when dinner is served.
- Fairer trade. If you have pumpkin pie instead of pecan pie, you’ll cut calories and sugar by at least a third – even WITH a little whipped cream.
- Veggies first. At a buffet, start with vegetables to take the edge off your appetite.
- Keep moving. Take a walk with family and friends after a holiday meal to keep the conversation going and your blood pumping.
- Tea for you. Hot tea can help keep you satiated and warm in the fall.
ARC Healthiness offers personalized weight-loss plans and support to help you reach your health and activity goals. Free, introductory educational seminars are available for anyone interested in learning about meal-replacement plans or bariatric surgery.
ARC Healthiness is now available at ARC Sendero Springs, ARC Far West, ARC Kyle Plum Creek, ARC Southwest, and ARC Wilson Parke.
Visit ARCHealthiness.com to learn more or call 512-483-9595 to reserve a spot.