The other patients need health care, too
April 16, 2020
Despite the overwhelming attention given to COVID-19, there are many other patients seeking medical attention for health issues not related to the virus. While ARC does provide evaluation and testing for COVID-19, your other healthcare needs don't stop during a pandemic. And our doctors are here for everyone.
Yet, we know there is concern about coming into a clinic at this time. So what you should you do if you really need a doctor? ARC has convenient options that save time and increase patient safety.
- Book a telemedicine visit. All of our doctors can do an initial evaluation via telemedicine and either diagnose you at that visit or ask you to come into the office the same day.
- Book a visit at a well clinic on a Saturday. We offer children's well-check visits and adult well-woman exams on Saturdays at well clinics where our doctors only see well people these days.
- Book an in-clinic visit. We screen every patient and ask symptomatic patients to wait in their cars so we can escort them to their exam rooms. We have separate exam rooms and even separate hallways in some clinics to separate people with symptoms from those without. We mask every symptomatic patient with a medical mask.
- Request drive-up testing for COVID-19. If you have fever, cough, shortness of breath or other symptoms of COVID-19 or any viral illness, call our 24/7 hotline at 866-453-4525 to book a telemedicine visit. If the doctor determines you are at risk, they can order a test for you at any of our drive-up testing sites over daytime, evenings, and weekends.
- Watch this video, The Other Patients. You can hear our doctors talk about why it's important to keep up with your and your families health especially now and the lessons learned from the flu epidemic of 1918.
Book your visit at ARCappointments.com, log in to your MyChart account online or on the app, or call any clinic and choose "1".