ARC COVID-19 Vaccination Questions Answered
December 30, 2020
With the many calls and questions we have received about our COVID-19 vaccination process, we thank you for your patience and appreciate your trust in our physicians and staff. We continue to work as hard as we can to secure more vaccine doses for our patients and the community and to make this process easy.
We will continue to update you as the situation evolves. You can check Austinregionalclinic.com for updates and visit our COVID FAQ page for any questions you have about the vaccine itself.
Here are some ways to avoid wait times on the phone and get the care you need.
ARC follows Texas DSHS Guidelines with the current limited supply
ARC received 7,000 doses of vaccine on December 23rd and have vaccinated about 4,000 people following Texas DSHS guidelines. We have over 50,000 patients who are prioritized to get a vaccine in groups 1A and 1B. We continue to work through the backlog of Group 1A and expect limited shipments each week. We will notify patients and the community when we are scheduling for Group 1B. Read more on the DSHS web site.
Group 1A ARC Patients can schedule on MyChart
Group 1A ARC patients with a MyChart account can schedule directly on MyChart. No phone call is necessary. To sign up for chart you need an instant activation email. Call 512-272-4357.
Click here for a direct link to login in and schedule your appointment in MyChart or follow instructions below.
- Login to your MyChart account
- Hover over Visits > Click Schedule Appointment
- Choose the [COVID-19 Vaccination] button and follow online prompts
Group 1A non-ARC Patients can schedule on ARCBookNow.com
Group 1A non-ARC patients can schedule directly at ARCbooknow.com. No phone call is necessary.
Click here for a direct link to schedule your appointment at ARCbooknow.com or follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to ARCbooknow.com
- Click Family Practice
- Click the [COVID-19 Vaccine-Phase 1] button and follow online prompts
Group 1B Shot Requests
ARC will contact all of our patients in group 1B based on age and health risk when we start scheduling COVID-19 vaccines for this group. We expect this to occur over the upcoming few weeks and as we get more supplies
For non-ARC patients in this group, we have a request form online at ARCshotrequest.com.
Who is in Group 1B?
- People 65 years of age and older
- People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
- Solid organ transplantation
- Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Read more on the Texas DSHS web site
We thank all of our patients and the community at large for patience at this time and wish you a Happy New Year and Healthy 2021!