It’s not a ‘job,’ it’s a calling – surgery chose me! I had planned to be an OB/Gyn until my first day in the operating room on my general surgery rotation in medical school, which I had never considered as a possible career until then. Now, I can’t imagine being anything other than a general surgeon. I enjoy my profession and my relationships with each of my patients.
Dr. Freer is departing ARC. Her last day seeing patients will be September 29th. Please see below for physicians she recommends to new patients wanting to transfer or establish care at ARC.
- Christopher W. Bailey, MD, FACS
- Thomas G. Bening, MD
- Edward J. Bombach MD, FACS
- Kevin O’ Farrell, MD
- Semyon Gambarin, MD
- Joseph E. Garcia, MD
- Stephen R. Hanschen, MD
- Michael Regan, MD
- Robert (Bud) P. Thompson, Jr., MD, FACS
Dr. Freer is “super happy” to be living in the great city of Austin, but also enjoys traveling.
Professional Positions and Honors
- Received Navy Achievement Medal and the Navy Commendation Medal during her service as a U.S. Navy General Medical Officer from 1991-1994
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- "Top Doctors," Austin Monthly, 2013
Request an Appointment with Rebecca L. Freer, MD