High blood pressure, also known as hypertension, puts 68 million people at greater risk for heart disease and stroke – two of the leading causes of death in the U.S. Yet, most who have high blood pressure don’t even know.
Austin Regional Clinic is working to change this.
National public health campaign
In May 2013, ARC joined the Measure Up/Pressure Down*, a national campaign launched by the American Medical Group Foundation, to improve care and reduce the burden of high blood pressure.
ARC, along with Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic and other leading medical providers around the country, pledged to have 80% of its patients with high blood pressure under control by 2016. This commitment mean more than 30,000 Central Texans will be positively impacted by ARCs efforts.
Steps to help our patients
To achieve such a goal requires the commitment of our entire medical staff. Specifically, we are:
- Educating patients on ways to maintain healthy blood pressure
- Improving high blood pressure treatment and care
- Better capturing blood pressure data in our electronic medical records
- Proactively reaching out to patients with high blood pressure
- Encouraging everyone in the community to Know Their Number!
Click here to learn more about how you can take control of your high blood pressure.