Company & Professional Background
Norman H. Chenven, MD, is the Founding CEO of Austin Regional Clinic (ARC), a 350-physician multispecialty medical group that serves the greater Austin, Texas metropolitan area with 21 clinic locations. ARC provides care to approximately 430,000 Central Texans in seven cities.
He is also President and Chief Executive Officer of Covenant Management Systems (CMS), an Austin-based third party administrator and medical management organization that provides technical support and services to governmental and employer-based health plans. In addition, he is President of Austin Regional Independent Associates (ARIA), a local independent practice association that develops and provides physician networks for partially self-insured ERISA plans.
Dr. Chenven received his undergraduate degree in physics from Brown University, medical degree from the State University of New York Medical Science Center in Brooklyn, and post-graduate training at Bexar County Hospital in San Antonio, Texas.
- 2017 AAFP Congress of Delegates Award
- Travis County Medical Society (TCMS) 2016 Physician of the Year
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians (TAFP) 2016 Physician Emeritus
- Austin Chamber of Commerce 2013 Executive Leadership Award
Dr. Chenven is involved with the local medical community and holds positions at the national level as well including:
- Board Member, American Medical Group Association
- Member of the Travis County Medical Society
- Member of Texas Medical Association
- Member of Texas and American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member of American Medical Association.
Community Leadership & Volunteering
Dr. Chenven is a Family Practitioner who spent two years in the U.S. Indian Health Service on the western Navajo Reservation before moving to Austin in 1973 to begin his medical practice. His board and commitee participation, and honors include:
- Texas Medical Association's Select Committee on Patient Safety
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas' Physician Advisory Council
- United Healthcare's National Physician Advisory Council
- The Group Practice Advisory Committee to American Medical Association Board of Trustees
- CIGNA's National Physician Advisory Committee
- The Council of Accountable Physician Practices (CAPP)
- American Medical Group Associates (AMGA) Board
Download full bio (PDF) Download photo