Company & Professional Background
Norman H. Chenven, MD, is the Founding CEO of Austin Regional Clinic (ARC), a 340-physician multispecialty medical group that serves the greater Austin, metropolitan area with 30 clinic locations. ARC provides care to approximately 525,000 Central Texans in 12 cities.
Dr. Chenven serves as President of Austin Regional Independent Associates (ARIA), a local independent practice association that develops and provides physician networks for partially self-insured ERISA plans.
Dr. Chenven received his undergraduate degree in physics from Brown University, medical degree from the State University of New York Medical Science Center in Brooklyn, and post-graduate training at Bexar County Hospital in San Antonio, Texas. As a Family Practitioner, he spent two years in the U.S. Indian Health Service on the western Navajo Reservation before moving to Austin in 1973 to begin his medical practice.
- 2017 AAFP Congress of Delegates Award
- Travis County Medical Society (TCMS) 2016 Physician of the Year
- Texas Academy of Family Physicians (TAFP) 2016 Physician Emeritus
- Austin Chamber of Commerce 2013 Executive Leadership Award
Dr. Chenven is involved with the local medical community and holds positions at the national level as well including:
- Board Member, America’s Physician Groups
- Past Board Member, American Medical Group Association
- Vice-Chairman, Council of Accountable Physician Practices
- Executive Committee and past Vice Chairman, Austin Healthcare Council
- Member of the Travis County Medical Society
- Member of Texas Medical Association
- Member of Texas and American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member of American Medical Association
- Member, Texas Medical Association's Select Committee on Patient Safety
- Member, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas' Physician Advisory Council
- Member, United Healthcare's National Physician Advisory Council
- Member, The Group Practice Advisory Committee to American Medical Association Board of Trustees
- Member, CIGNA's National Physician Advisory Committee
Download full bio (PDF) Download photo