Archives: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
ARC Gives Back to the Greater Austin Community
Austin Regional Clinic supports health care goals in the Greater Austin Community both by providing health care to individuals,and also by contributing to and participating in programs that focus on improving health conditions for EVERYONE in the six communities we serve through medical care, screenings, research or education. ARC is proud to support the various local events and organizations listed below.
- December 5, 2013 Austin Chamber of Commerce Economic Development Luncheon
Lou Canakes, Asst. to the CEO, Cindy McBroom (CM-Southwest), Stacey Virdell (Medical Home) and Lynda Shanblum (Marketing) represented ARC at the Chamber’s annual event.
- December 3, 2013 NetSpend Health Fair
Amy White, Clinical Quality, and Shelly Diaz, Marketing Coordinator, participated in the employer health fair to provide free blood pressure screenings and information.
- November 21, 2013 Texas Workforce Commission Health Fair
Christina Mill, ARC Customer Service, represented ARC.
- November 16-17 Children’s Association for Maximal Potential
Dr. Vanessa Ven Huizen, FM-Pflugerville, volunteered for the weekend at CAMP, supervising medical administration and volunteering with special-needs adults. CAMP provides a camping experience for children and adults with disabilities and special needs.
- November 15, 2013 Round Rock ISD Career Exploration Event
Alexis Brooks, HR, and Alisa Collins, CM – Anderson Mill attended this event to speak to students about ARC
- November 10, 2013 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
Pam Carpenter, ARC Customer Service and Stephanie Balles, Medical Home, served as Team Captains for the annual Walk, leading a large ARC team.
- November 9, 2013 St. Stephen’s Episcopal School
Dr. Jordan Laroe, FM-Urgent Care-Far West, served as a career representative at the school as part of its Breakthrough Career Fair preparation, acting as a resource to student teams researching career areas of interest.
- November 7, 2013 Texas Dept. of Transportation (TxDOT) Wellness and Safety at Work Health Fair
Stephanie Balles and Stacey Virdell, Medical Home, and Shelly Diaz, Marketing Coordinator, participated in this employer health fair.
- November 4, 2013 Pleasant Hill Elementary Health and Wellness Fair
Staff from Cedar Park and Discovery spoke to attendees about ARC clinics, MyChart, and flu season.
- November 2, 2013 Step Out! Walk to End Diabetes
Stephanie Balles, Medical Home, served as a Team Captain for the ARC walk team for the American Diabetes Association’s annual event.
- October 27, 2013 Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Walk
Christina Ochoa, MediView, led an ARC team for the Walk to raise funds to find a cure for juvenile diabetes.
- October 24, 2013 Texas Department of Veterans Affairs Health Fair
Stacey Virdell, Medical Home, provided free blood pressure screenings and Diana Garcia, Customer Service, instructed attendees on how to request an appointment online.
- October 20, 2013 AIDS Walk Austin
Dr. Hans Bengtson, Pain Medicine-Far West Medical Tower/Round Rock/South 1st, captained an ARC team for the Walk.
- October 20, 2013 Kyle 5K Kyle-O-Meter
Dr. Kaleb Hamilton, FM-Kyle Plum Creek, led a large ARC team of 35 staff and family members.
- October 19, 2013 Hutto Olde Tyme Days
Staff from ARC Hutto participated in this annual family event.
- October 19, 2013 Walk to End Alzheimers
Stephanie Balles, Medical Home, coordinated an ARC Walk Team for the Austin chapter’s walk.
- October 19, 2013 Austin Heart Wak
Mindy Mason, Cedar Park Medical Plaza, headed the ARC tea, for the Austin Heart Walk.
- October 18, 2013 Cedar Ridge High School
Dr. Judith Enders, Pedi-Pflugerville, spoke to students to help raise awareness about the importance of career, health and self-confidence for young women.
- October 16, 2013 St. Edwards University
Dr. Norman Chenven, CEO & Founder, was a featured speaker for the Hilltop Leaders Program at St. Edwards University, talking to students about leadership and his own personal journey.
- October 16, 2013 Seton Explorer Post Meeting
Dr. Charity Jackson, Pedi-Discovery, spoke to the Seton Explorer Post about careers in medicine and what medical school entails.
- October 16, 2013 McNeil Career Fair
Jenn Sabins and Amanda McKenzie, HR, attended the career fair on behalf of ARC.
- October 12, 2013 Hootenanny on the Hill
Staff from ARC Kyle Plum Creek participated in this annual event sponsored by the Plum Creek Homeowners Association.
- October 10, 2013 Golfsmith Health Fair
Shelly Diaz, Marketing Coordinator, represented ARC at this employer health fair.
- October 8, 2013 Wells Branch Elementary School Health Fair
Angelica Salazar, MA and Erica Shannon, MA, Round Rock, represented ARC, talking to many parents and students at this well-attended event.
- October 5, 2013 Pflugerville Pfamily Pfestival
Staff from ARC Pflugerville participated in this annual event sponsored by the Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce.
- October 5, 2013 ERCOT Health Fair
Diana Garcia and Cesar Rodriguez, ARC Customer Service, represented ARC at this employer health fair, educating attendees about ARC and online appointments.
- October 5, 2013 Seton Hays Community Fair
Cristal Flores, Lacey Morris and Dolores Esparanza from Kyle Plum Creek represented ARC at the community event held at Seton Medical Center Hays in Kyle.
- September 28, 2013 Walk to End Alzheimers
Darlene Guynes, Clinic Manager-Cedar Park & Discovery, led an ARC team along with Dr. Dewayne Nash (former ARC FM-CP), in the Alzheimer’s Association’s walk in Georgetown.
- September 28, 2013 Blockhouse Creek Community Fair
Tina Reckaway, IT, represented ARC at the Homeowners Association event.
- September 28, 2013 Walk Now for Autism Speaks
Stephanie Balles, Medical Home, captained a large ARC team at the annual walk.
- September 26, 2013 Health Occupations Students of America
Dr. Larry Kravitz, FM-Quarry Lake, spoke to the local chapter about extra activities outside the conventional medicine practice.
- September 24, 2013 Kyle Chamber of Commerce Luncheon
Dr. Norman Chenven, CEO and Founder, gave a presentation on health care in the region to the members of the Kyle Chamber of Commerce at their monthly luncheon.
- September 21, 2013 Charity Health Camp
Dr. Charuben Pandya, Pedi-Discovery, talked to 100 kids about healthy diet and obesity prevention, and also gave a second talk to parents about cyberspace safety.
- September 20-21, 2013 Texas Pediatric Society Annual Conference
Dr. Kimberly Avila Edwards, Pedi-Kyle Plum Creek, stepped down as TPS President and was honored at a luncheon thanking her for her year of outstanding service.
- September 18, 2013 Hill Country Christian School
Dr. Art Cheng, Pedi-Discovery., and Dr. Andy Cavanagh, Pedi-Pflugerville, spoke to three classes about what it’s like to be a doctor.
- August 20, 2013 Seton Medical Center Austin
Dr. Jack Seaquist, Ortho-MPTO, gave a presentation to surgical and therapy nursing staff at Seton Medical Center Austin.
- August 10, 2013 Healthy Woman Spa Day
Staff from CPMP participated in the Healthy Woman event sponsored by Cedar Park Regional Medical Center.
- July 29-August 2, 2013 Maccabi Games
Dr. Hillary Miller served as Medical Director for the Games, hosted by the Jewish Community Association of Austin. Drs. Michelle Markley, Greg Sheff, Mark Ambler, Robert Meyerson and Jeff Padalecki also volunteered in the Medical Tent
- July 21, 2013 Trojans Pop Warner Youth Football Physicals
Drs. Jerry Fincken (FM-Far West), Larry Kravitz (FM-Quarry Lake) and Jake Childers (FM-Far West), provided sports physicals to youth participating in the program.
- July 12, 2013 TCEQ Employer Health Fair
Catherine South, RN, and Shelly Diaz, Marketing Coordinator, represented ARC at the health fair for employees of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- July 1, 2013 ERS Employer Health Fair
Shelly Diaz, Marketing Coordinator, and Jamie Canty, MA, Medical Home, participated in this health fair for employees of the Texas Employee Retirement System.
- June 8, 2013 City-wide Free Skin Cancer Screening
Dr. Steve Rasmussen, Derm-Southwest, volunteered to offer free skin cancer screenings held at University Medical Center Brackenridge.
- June 6, 2013 Texas State Multi- Agency Health Fair
Shelly Diaz, Marketing Coordinator, and Jamie Canty, MA, Medical Home, participated in this large event for employees of various agencies of the Texas State Government, providing free blood pressure checks
- May 24, 2013 Riojas Elementary School Career Day
Dr. Anna “Liz” Holliman, Pedi-Pflugerville, spoke to students about being a doctor, and other careers in health care.
- May 21, 2013 AISD Athletic Physicals
Drs. Asha Lall (FM-Far West), Robert Meyerson (FM-Far West), William Otto (Allergy/Asthma – Far West Medical Tower), Mark Ambler (FM-Southwest), and Deepti Kapadia (FM-Southwest) assisted the Travis County Medical Society in providing physicals to AISD athletes.
- May 21, 2013 Hutto Athletic Physicals
Dr. James Rogers, FM-Hutto, helped provide athletic physicals to Hutto High School students.
- May 20, 2013 Bluebonnet Elementary School
Dr. Bharati Kolte, Medical Home, and Cicely Cyphers, RN, gave a presentation to the elementary school classes in the Manor ISD, encouraging children to avoid soda and other sugar-filled drinks, and raising awareness about childhood obesity.
- May 14, 2013 Bazaarvoice Health Fair
Shelly Diaz, Marketing Coordinator, and Jamie Canty, MA, Medical Home, represented ARC at this employer health fair.
- May 8, 2013 Marbridge Farms Health Fair
Cesar Rodriguez, ARC Customer Service, represented ARC at this employer health fair.
- May 4-5, 2013 Front Porch Days
Staff from ARC Kyle Plum Creek participated in this annual family event sponsored by the Plum Creek Homeowners Association.
May 4, 2013 March for Babies
Rachel Aguilar, BOM-SW, and Stephanie Balles, Medical Home, led an ARC team in this annual walk to raise funds for the March of Dimes.
- May 4, 2013 The Color Run
ARC staff members from Far West, Round Rock, Cedar Park Medical Plaza, I-35 Admin, Cedar Park, and Discovery formed an ARC team and participated in the run.
- April 27, 2013 Twin Lakes Family YMCA Healthy Kids Day
Staff from Cedar Prk and Cedar Park Medical Plaza participated in the Health Expo held at the YMCA in Cedar Park.
- April 27, 2013 Ignite! Women’s Health Program
Dr. Danny Kiang, Derm-Cedar Park Medical Plaza and Dr. Hilda Draeger, Rheumatology-Far West Medical Tower, and Diana Garcia, ARC Customer Service, represented ARC at the women’s event at Seton Medical Center Williamson.
- April 27, 2013 Arthritis Foundation Walk
Stephanie Balles, Medical Home-I-35, captained an ARC team for the annual Walk.
- April 20-21, 2013 Run to the Sun Relay
Dr. Jerry Fincken, FM-Far West, and Dr. David Weeks, IM-Far West, participated in the Annual Run to the Sun Relay, benefiting Beyond Batten Disease Foundation.
- April 20, 2013 Hill Country Ride for AIDS
Dr. Renee Lockey, Ob/Gyn-South Ob, participated in the Hill Country Ride for AIDS and Dr. Kimball “Wayne” Bockmon provided volunteer medical coverage for the event.
- April 17, 2013 Leadership Austin Health Care Class Day
Dr. Jerry Fincken, FM-Far West, led a round table discussion on access to health care during the all-day class program.
- April 15, 2013 Concordia College School of Nursing
Patti Parker, VP-Care Management Programs, and Jamie Schroeder, Medical Home, gave a presentation to nursing students.
- April 13, 2013 Hope Pregnancy Center Health Fair
Staff from Pflugerville and Hutto attended and provided blood pressure checks to health fair attendants.
- April 8, 2013 Girlstart STEM Conference
Dr. Leah Treadwell, FM-Urgent Care, Southwest and Dr. Mai Duong, Pedi-Southwest, conducted a workshop at the conference to encourage young women to learn about and consider careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
- April 6, 2013 Blockhouse Creek 4th Annual Smoke Out Crime BBQ Cook Off
Tina Reckaway, IT, represented ARC at the Homeowners Association event.
- April 11, 2013 Healthy Woman Gala
Staff from CPMP, CP and Disc participated in the event sponsored by Cedar Park Regional Medical Center.
- April 6, 2013 Blockhouse Creek Association Community Fair
Tina Reckaway, IT Administrative Coordinator, manned a booth for ARC.
- March 28-30, 2013 FRC Robotics Competition
Dr. Larry Kravitz, FM-Quarry Lake, served as a judged at the regional competition on San Antonio, and also as a judge at the Regional VEX Robotic Competition at Anderson High School.
- March 27, 2013 Hill Country Christian School
Dr. Andy Cavanagh, Pedi-Pflugerville and Dr. Kelly Rice-Monteiro, Pedi-Discovery, participated in a Health Fair at the school.
- March 2, 2013 Negley PTA Run/Walk
Over 40 participants from ARC Kyle, including most of the providers, helped make this a true success!
- February 26, 2013 Texas Legislature Medical Clinic
Dr. Larry Kravitz, FM-Quarry Lake, volunteered at the Legislature’s medical clinic, also mentoring a medical student from UT Southwestern.
- February 26, 2013 Texas Legislature
Dr. Kimberly Avila Edwards, Pedi-Kyle Plum Creek, provided testimony to the Texas Legislature regarding vaccination policies for licensed child care facilities, in her role as President of the Texas Pediatric Society.
- February 26, 2013 Kyle Chamber of Commerce Luncheon
Drs. Sandra Worrell and MaryAnn Gamble, Lee Jenkins (AIMS) and Ashley Jeffrey (CM-Kyle) attended on behalf of ARC.
- February 21, 2013 Pflugerville Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting
Brenda DeLauri (Clinic Manager- Pflugerville & Hutto) attended on ARC’s behalf, along with Drs. Liz Holliman (Pedi-PF) and Vanessa Ven Huizen (FM-PF).
- February 19, 2013 Dimensional Funds Health Fair
Shelly Diaz from Marketing attended and Sally Melton (RN-PRN) provided BP checks.
- February 17, 2013 Austin Marathon/Half Marathon
Dr. Hillary Miller, FM-Far West volunteered in the Medical Tent to provide services when needed.
- February 15, 2013 Austin Chamber of Commerce Annual Luncheon
Patti Parker, VP – Care Management Programs, Bob Martin, VP-HR, Dr. Norman Chenven, CEO/Founder, and Lynda Shanblum, Community Relations, represented ARC.
- February 9, 2013 Hutto Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet
Shari Fontenot (LVN-Pediatrics) attended, along with Dr. Nazia Baig, Pedi-Hutto, to represent ARC Hutto.
- February 9, 2013 Pflugerville ISD Health Fair
DeeDee Davila (PSC) and Cindy Esparza (PSR) from Pflugerville represented ARC.
- February 4, 2013 Leander ISD Health Expo
Dr. Anthony Montiero, Ob/Gyn, Cedar Park Medical Plaza attended to represent ARC.
- January 23, 2013 ERS Capitol Health Fair
Michele Close from Marketing represented ARC.
- January 16, 2013 Luminex Wellness Fair
Chrisitine Le (PSR-Far West) attended and Sally Melton (RN-PRN) provided free blood pressure checks.
- January 12, 2013 YMCA Health Expo
Kelly Miller (LVN-FM) from ARC Anderson Mill as well as staff from Cedar Park, Cedar Park Medical Plaza, and ARC Discovery represented ARC