Archives: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014
ARC Doctors and Staff in Your Neighborhood
In Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Hutto, Kyle and Austin, ARC doctors and employees live in, and give back to, the many communities we serve. You won’t have to look hard to find us getting involved in area screenings, fairs and educational programs that improve the health of everyone in our communities. ARC is proud to support the various local events and organizations listed below.
- DECEMBER 2012 Dr. Larry Kravitz, Team Physician for the Austin Toros, shows off the trophy for the basketball team's winning season.
- DECEMBER 6, 2012 NetSpend Wellness Fair
Debbie Smith, MA, provided free blood pressure screenings, and Pam Carpenter, ARC-INFO, represented ARC.
- DECEMBER 5, 2012 Nursing Career Fair
Amanda McKenzie, HR, represented ARC.
- NOVEMBER 27, 2012 Recruiting Fair – Texas State University, Round Rock campus
Megan Wert, Human Resources, represented ARC.
- NOVEMBER 27, 2012 Kyle Chamber of Commerce Luncheon
ARC sponsored the luncheon, and Ashley Jeffrey, Lee Jenkins, ARC Kyle Drs. Mary Ann Gamble, Sandra Worrell, and Ted Smith represented ARC.
- NOVEMBER 16, 2012 Round Rock ISD Career Fair
Sarah Chaffin, HR, represented ARC.
- NOVEMBER 11, 2012 Jewish Community Association of Austin Snout by Snoutwest
Kevin Ramirez manned the ARC First Aid Tent for the dog-friendly event.
- NOVEMBER 8, 2012 DARS Health Fair
Debbie Smith, MA, provided free blood pressure screenings, and Sherron Gratten represented ARC and Medical Home.
- NOVEMBER 4, 2012 Komen Walk for the Cure
Pam Carpenter, ARC-INFO, and Lisa Murphree, ARC Round Rock co-captained the ARC team, and Shelly Diaz provided Marketing support.
- NOVEMBER 3, 2012 Komen Survivor Celebration – November 3
Lisa Murphree, Alex Sauceda, Kim Prater, and Sunny Caldwell represented ARC.
- NOVEMBER 3, 2012 American Diabetes Association Walk to End Diabetes
Sandra Stephenson, ARC Far West Lab, and Stephanie Balles, ARC Medical Home, were co-captains for the ARC team.
- OCTOBER 28, 2012 Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk
Christina Ochoa, MediView, captained the ARC team.
- OCTOBER 27, 2012 Seton Hays Community Health Fair
Dashelle Holbert, RN, Phyllis Kern, MA, Amanda Davila, PSR, represented ARC Kyle Plum Creek.
- OCTOBER 27, 2012 American Heart Association Heart Walk
Mindy Mason, ARC Cedar Park Medical Plaza, captained the ARC team.
- OCTOBER 25, 2012 Field Asset Services Wellness Fair
Chantelle Lunn, Clinic Manager, and Cindy Baker, RN, ARC Round Rock, represented ARC with information and blood pressure screenings.
- OCTOBER 24, 2012 Texas Department of Assisted and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) Wellness Fair
Mandy Mishra, MSN, RN, CNS, ARC Medical Home, provided free blood pressures, and Michele Close, Marketing, represented ARC.
- OCTOBER 23, 2012 Leadership Austin
Dr. Gregory S. Sheff was a panelist for Leadership Austin’s “Experience” program on Health Care.
- OCTOBER 23, 2012 Girlstart Annual Luncheon
Dr. Michelle Markley and Allison Gerhard, RN, represented ARC.
- OCTOBER 21, 2012 AIDS Walk Austin
Dr. Hans Bengtson led an ARC team and treated the clinic that raised the most money to a special lunch.
- OCTOBER 20, 2012 Championship Hearts Screening
ARC Pflugerville staff assisted with heart screenings for young athletes.
- OCTOBER 20, 2012 Hutto Olde Tyme Days
ARC Hutto staff manned the ARC booth.
- OCTOBER 17, 2012 Round Rock ISD 9th Grade Career Fair at McNeil High School
Alisa Collins, Clinical Manager, and Dr. Jeffrey Bocchicchio, ARC Anderson Mill, represented ARC.
- OCTOBER 13, 2012 Hootenanny on the Hill
ARC Kyle Clinic staff participated with an ARC booth for the Plum Creek Homeowners Association event.
- OCTOBER 6, 2012 Pflugerville Pfamily Pfestival
DeeDee Davila, Monica Ramos and Dr. Vanessa VenHuizen, ARC Pflugerville, manned the ARC booth.
- OCTOBER 4, 2012 College and Career Fair, Skillpoint Alliance
Amanda McKenzie, Human Resources, and Dr. Robert Meyerson represented ARC
- SEPTEMBER 28, 2012 Texas Stars Hockey Team Athletic Physicals
Drs. Larry Kravitz, Gerald Fincken, Alfred Wettermark, Jason Johnson and Manish Naik provided physicals.
- SEPTEMBER 27, 2012 Blockhouse Creek Community Fair
Tina Reckaway participated in the fair on behalf of ARC.
- SEPTEMBER 27, 2012 Travis County Sheriff’s Expo
Staff from ARC Pflugerville represented ARC at the annual Expo for families.
- SEPTEMBER 22, 2012 Austin Pride Festival
Drs. Hillary Miller, Kimball “Wayne” Bockmon and Hans Bengtson participated in the ARC booth.
- AUGUST 30, 2012 Webb Middle School
Drs. Ross Prochnow and Deborah Bryant, ARC Quarry Lake, helped provide UIL physicals for Webb Middle School students.
- AUGUST 25, 2012 Dr. John’s Sports Center
Dr. Kellie Rice-Monteiro and staff from ARC Discovery participated in a community event.
- JULY, 2012 Medical mission trip to Malawi
Dr. Keith Morrison participated in a mission trip to Malawi at the end of July, working with an organization called Somebody Cares Malawi, which works with home care givers.
- JULY 25, 2012 Pearson Education
Dr. William Otto gave a presentation on Living with Allergies to employees at Pearson Education.
- JULY, 2012 Girlstart
Dr. Leah Treadwell was a presenter at two Girlstart Summer “Scrub-In” Camps the last two weeks in July.
- JULY 13, 2012 Hutto Business Expo
Kim Bolz represented ARC at the Hutto Chamber of Commerce’s annual event.
- JULY 13, 2012 TCEQ Employee Wellness Fair
Catherine South, RN, provided free blood pressures for employees of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality.
- MAY 30-31, 2012 Travis County Transportation & Natural Resources Department
Dr. Carlos Romero gave a presentation about common foot, boot and orthotic issues to employees.
- MAY 25, 2012 Pecan Springs Elementary School.
Dr. Juan Rodriguez Ramos participated in a Career Day.
- MAY 20, 2012 Front Porch Days
ARC Kyle Plum Creek participated in the annual festival.
- MAY 14 AND MAY 16, 2012 Round Rock ISD
Drs. Erin Casey, Mark Grier, Alan White and Rudy Uriegas, ARC Round Rock, gave sports physicals to RRISD students.
- MAY 10, 2012 University of Texas Liberal Arts College
Dr. Don Brode spoke to UT Liberal Arts students as part of UT’s “Wayfinder” series/program, talking about why he chose medicine and sharing his experiences. His talk was videotaped for use on their web site.
- MAY 8, 2012 Negli Elementary School
Dr. Mary Ann Gamble attended a Career Fair in Kyle.
- MAY 5, 2012 March for Babies
Rachel Aguilar captained an ARC team for this annual walk sponsored by the March of Dimes.
- MAY 5, 2012 Arthritis Walk
Jill Ruiz captained a team from ARC for the annual Arthritis Foundation Walk.
- MAY 5, 2012 Skin Cancer Screening
Drs. Steve Rasmussen and Amy Mason volunteered at the annual Free Skin Cancer Screening at University Medical Center Brackenridge.
- MAY 4, 2012 St. James Baptist Church
Dr. Alinda Cox and Anna “Liz” Holliman spoke to teens, encouraging ways to prevent pregnancy.
- APRIL 28, 2012 Twin Lakes YMCA Healthy Kids Expo
Doctors and staff from ARC Discovery represented ARC at the annual event.
- APRIL 27, 2012 Robotic World Championships
Dr. Larry Kravitz’s Robotics Team’s knee brace project was acknowledged in the opening ceremonies at the Robotic World Championships. The team is from Anderson High School and has been working on the project for over two years.
- APRIL 26, 2012 Healthy Woman Anniversary Gala
Staff from ARC Cedar Park, Discovery, and Cedar Park Medical Plaza represented ARC at the event held at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center.
- APRIL 18, 2012 Leadership Austin
Dr. Greg Sheff was a panelist for the April 18 Leadership Austin class day focusing on Health Care.
- APRIL 14, 2012 2012 Cardinal Cross Country Run and Health Fair, Buda
Drs. Mary Ann Gamble and Kaleb Hamilton, Ashley Jeffrey, and Veni Soto represented ARC at the event held at the Santa Cruz Catholic Church.
- APRIL 12, 2012 Leadership Lakeway
Mark Steiger, Regional Director, was a guest speaker at the class day program.
- MARCH 31, 2012 Hope Pregnancy Center Wellness Fair
Kim Bolz and Monica Ramos from ARC Hutto represented ARC with information and blood pressure screenings.
- MARCH 31, 2012 Girlstart STEM Conference
Dr. Leah Treadwell conducted a workshop for young women, teaching them how to do a basic physical exam.
- MARCH 24-31, 2012 Mission trip to Nicaragua
Dr. Joseph Leary went to Matagalpa, Nicaragua, with Austin Smiles to help see patients needing ear, nose and throat services.
- MARCH 28, 2012 Metropolitan Breakfast Club
Dr. Greg Sheff, along with Seton’s Jeff Cook, gave a presentation on the value of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs).
- MARCH 22, 2012 Travis County employees
Dr. Juan Rodriguez Ramos gave a presentation on Allergies to Travis County employees.
March 21, 2012 – Canyon Ridge Middle School Dr. Ky Nguyen, ARC Pflugerville, participated in the school’s “Future Fest.”
- MARCH 13, 2012 Austin Toros
Dr. Charity Jackson, ARC Discovery, spoke to students attending the Toros Spring Break Basketball Academy.
- MARCH 8, 2012 Convio Employee Wellness Fair
ARC Marketing provided information and giveaways for employees.
- MARCH 7, 2012 ATXpansion on Health Care
Drs. Russ Krienke and James Merryman took part in a televised discussion co-sponsored by Leadership Austin and KXAN-TV.
- MARCH 5, 2012 Westwood High School
Dr. Jeffrey Bocchicchio, Alisa Collins, and Jamie Schroeder, ARC Anderson Mill, participated in a Round Rock ISD Career Night.
- FEBRUARY 27, 2012 ABJ Industry Roundtable
Patti Parker, ARC Vice President – Care Management Programs, represented ARC at a roundtable discussion on Health Care.
- FEBRUARY, 2012 Medical Mission trip to Nicaragua
Dr. Brad Parker joined a medical mission trip to Nicaragua, providing much-needed orthopedic services.
- FEBRUARY 16, 2012 Burnet Middle School Career Fair
Jennifer Sabins from ARC Human Resources represented ARC.
- FEBRUARY 11, 2012 Pflugerville ISD Wellness Fair
Staff from ARC Pflugerville participated in the annual Wellness Fair.
- JANUARY 31, 2012 St. Louis Catholic School
Dr. Joseph Leary participated in the school’s Health Fair.