Nephrology is the medical specialty concerned with the diagnosis and management of kidney disorders
. Your kidneys remove waste from your blood and maintain the amount of water in your body. The nephrology disorders we address include acid-based disorders, electrolyte disorders, nephrolithiasis (kidney stones)
(high blood pressure), acute kidney disease, chronic renal disease, and post-transplant care (kidney/kidney-pancreas). Receiving treatment for these issues in a timely manner is imperative to your health and wellbeing.
Dr. Elena Slavcheva
with ARC Nephrology specializes in the kidney ailments listed above and has a special interest in diabetic kidney disease.
In order to make an appointment with Dr. Slavcheva, you must have a referral from your physician, regardless of your health plan. To see the ARC locations where she practices, please scroll to the locations listings below.
Health Issues Treated
You may be referred to a Nephrologist for consultation on various conditions such as:
- Acute renal failure: a sudden loss of renal function
- Chronic kidney disease: declining renal function, usually with a progressive rise in creatine (measurement of the kidney for blood via test)
- Hypertension that has failed to respond to multiple forms of anti-hypertensive medication, or a possible secondary cause, potentially curable.
- Electrolyte disorders or acid/based imbalance
- Proteinuria: the loss of protein, especially albumin in the urine
- Hernaturia: blood in the urine
- Kidney stones: usually only recurrent stone formers
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Kidney transplant
- Acute kidney failure
- Chronic kidney disease education
- Chronic kidney evaluation and management
- Coordination of care with primary care providers and other specialists
- Laboratory Services
- Medication management
Locations & Providers
6835 Austin Center Blvd
Austin, TX 78731