My career choice was heavily influenced by my father, but even so, I cannot imagine myself being anything but a surgeon. I believe that when treating a disease, no matter how serious, a doctor and patient form a close relationship built on mutual trust and understanding of the challenges that may lie ahead. I am convinced that an understanding of the treatment plan is crucial to making an appropriate decision by both the physician and patient.
Dr. Gambarin is married to a physician and together they have a daughter and two dogs. He enjoys reading and spending time concentrating on personal fitness and cooking.
Professional Positions and Honors
- "Rising Star," Texas Monthly, 2013
- Member, ARC Executive Board
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Intern of the Year during his medical internship
Request an Appointment with Semyon (Sam) Gambarin, MD