I strive to provide high quality surgical care in a personal, timely manner. Over the years I have expanded my skills to learn the latest surgical techniques, including advanced laparoscopic surgery and weight loss surgery. My goal is to provide excellent, compassionate surgical care for all my patients.
Dr. Thompson, General Surgery
, is currently accepting new patients.
Dr. Thompson and his wife are both very excited to now live in “the best part of Texas” after being in the hustle and bustle of Houston for the last 23 years. They have three grown children who are now looking forward to visiting them in their new surroundings. When not in the clinic or the operating room, Dr. Thompson can be found outdoors. He especially likes Canyon Lake, where he might be searching for striped bass, the woods of the Hill Country, or one of the many lovely golf courses in the area. Otherwise, Dr. Thompson enjoys being at home, relaxing and cooking with his wife.
Professional Positions and Honors
Dr. Thompson holds these memberships and honors:
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons
- Member, American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Member, Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- Member, Travis County Medical Society
- Listed in Guide to America’s Top Surgeons – 2004-2010
- Listed in Guide to America’s Top Physicians, 2003
- “Top Doc” in General Surgery, Houston Magazine, 2004,2006, 2007
Request an Appointment with Robert (Bud) P. Thompson, Jr., MD, FACS